Implementation of Agroforestry and Soil Conservation Systems in the Upper Part of the Santa María River Basin
Funded by: Adaptation Fund
Executing Entity: FUDIS
Total Amount: B/. 1,486,358.00
Contribution from the Adaptation Fund: B/. 1,412,910.00
Counterpart Contribution: B/. 73,448.00
Start date: August 27, 2019
Completion date: December 26, 2022
Program Area: Integrated Management of Hydrographic Basins
General Objective: Promote improvements in the health of ecosystems and income generation to increase the resilience to climate change and adaptation of communities; supporting coffee production in the upper part of the Santa María River Basin
- Establish 200 hectares of agroforestry systems in the upper part of the Santa María River basin, emphasizing coffee production
- Prepare and implement the Monitoring and Maintenance Plan of the plots, including percentages of incidences of pests and diseases for decision-making using economic thresholds and agro-climatological variables
- Generate knowledge in the different stages of the project to support capacity building modules, training events, and awards to outstanding producers
- Document with the list of beneficiaries and participation plan with a gender approach
- Document with the results of the reference socioeconomic survey
- At least 40 farm management plans implemented with their rapid diagnosis, including soil analysis. In addition, it must include the agreement signed with the producer partner, completing 200 ha under the agroforestry modality.
- Training Plan implemented based on the prioritized actions in the farm management plans
- Prepare and implement a plot monitoring and maintenance plan, including percentages of incidences of pests and diseases for decision-making using economic thresholds and agro-climatological variables.
- Plot maintenance report, according to progress. They must report the state of the plots and document with photographs.
- Analysis document of the results of the two (2) surveys on the level of awareness in the population about the impacts and the climatic cause of the problem, applied one at the beginning and another at the end of the project.
- Printed document systematizing the adaptation experiences implemented by the project, including lessons learned, written in a concise, clear and easy-to-understand manner
- Two (2) audio video productions